What Are Hives/Urticaria?
Urticaria, also known as urticaria, are swollen, often itchy welts on the skin. They can range in size from small (like a pencil tip) to large (like a plate). They can form anywhere on the body.
What Causes Hives/Urticaria?
Urticaria is often caused by an allergic response as your body reacts to substances in the environment. Common triggers for Urticaria include:
- Foods: Fruits (especially citrus), dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and shellfish
- Insect bites and stings
- Substances ranging from pollen to latex to chemicals
Common symptoms of Urticaria include:
- Itching, stinging, or burning areas of skin
- Slightly raised, pink or red swellings on the skin
- Welts that occur alone or in a group or connect over a large area
- Skin swelling that subsides or goes away within 24 hours in one area but may appear in another area
Treatment for Urticaria
The main treatment goal for Urticariais to reduce the immune response in your body to relieve symptoms and cure the Urticaria. Our Sarin Skin dermatologists may recommend medications such as antihistamines, steroids, or both to treat hives.
Call our office today to schedule a consultation with our dermatologist – +91-9821585586, 011-45562916.